[iLL] Playstation 3 gaming clan.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the enemy didn't die... Use more bullets next time!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
==UNDER CONSTRUCTION==*RECRUITING*
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Cant wait for this! LOL
Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:02 pm by Seloe_1

» Some Xbox Beta Gameplay
Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 pm by Seloe_1

» Starting It off LOL
Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 5:40 am by Seloe_1

» CQ DLC
Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 3:42 pm by SGT_SMUG

» Line ends here
Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 7:55 am by SGT_SMUG

» Rented server
Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:35 pm by SGT_SMUG

» MArio KART?
Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:01 pm by Guest

» Patch release confirmed
Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 3:01 pm by Guest

» Cycling through different game modes?
Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:04 am by Guest

Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies""

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Empty
PostSubject: Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies""   Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Ok guys, let me start off with something nice and smooth for the whole week, I wanted to discuss each topic on vehicles we have come across on BF3 this week, and I know its not a "Monday' but I wanted to keep it fresh and simple so I wanted to hear some very interesting input from our clan members and also the new recruits on how comfortable and reliable you are to be with a your fellow clan member who is actually your "Wingman" what are the best setups to use and gadgets you will use, and just to make sure don't include the same gadgets/setups, I want to hear something fresh that I never heard before and very interesting so when we play together as a team we don't just depend on one gadget, they are other specialization we can also use to become more effective on the battlefield
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies""   Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:49 pm

I'd like to put it out there, you don't need to be in jets to have a wing man. Me and chevy in a tank are much the same. I wouldn't say we use any imagination when it comes to our setups but I know that if he jumps out to repair either he gets back in at 100% health or we're both respawning. If we both grab a tank each, thats not an issue. One of us will park up and use the CITV station to guide the other's missile. This being said, wing-man doesn't really fit. So I suppose I could say we are fellow tankers? or we tank together?

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies""   Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Well yes I agree with you on that being a great "Tanker" with the crew but also, not saying all our players should be in a tank or anything like that, because last night before you signed on and play with us Chevy and the other guys was working the Tank as usual which was great, even though I didn't got a chance to use the jet often or the Attack Helicopter I decide to go with the Tank crew because there is always a 3rd room one more foot solider. But my point is sometimes we might have a jet sitting on our home base and nobody is using it so its good to have someone who can actually stay in the air for the whole entire game so the whole team can be balance and our coordinated can be more accurate when we are attacking or defending. But If we come across a game that the enemy team is capping flag instantly then I will definitely be up for some "Tank Thunder Run" destroying everything in our path and also have 2-3 with 3 guys in each now that would be epic. rabbit
Back to top Go down
GmOctoLink

GmOctoLink

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies""   Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:17 pm

My thoughts on a set-up for 2 people in the same tank

1st person:
Reactor armor
Zoom optics
Guided shell

2nd person:
Proximity scan
Thermal optics
Canister Shell

The 1st person will be taking care of long distance enemies, tanks, and air vehicles. Once the tank comes into close quarters, both switch seats so the 2nd person can take care of infantry.

I'm not exactly sure but I think both slot 1 perks will work when both are in the same tank. I played earlier today, playing in the gunner seat of a tank with proximity scan, and proxy scan seemed to work. 3 supports tried to C4 my tank, Laughing , but it didn't work.

Also make sure not to switch seats in the middle of fighting off a tank or infantry. Only switch when you have enough time to react to each other's call out and not waste time getting 3 hits to your tank.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Sharing your vehicles ideas and Setups   Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:36 pm

As I can see this discussion as become more of any vehicles on the battlefield being a "Shotgun in a Tank/LAV ground vehicles or a Wing man/Attack Choppers in air vehicles. As Gm stated that was a very interesting set up to begin with, I like the way you are using your set ups, for the game plan and he does have some important setups that you have point out, This combination would be great with Gm & Geeza in a Tank together when both of you guys are on the same battlefield this will be a really big advantage if you guys use this together as team, because Geeza likes to you use the exact same up you do as a Tank commander and it will be great way to win a lot of games and like you stated earlier if there is a situation if Gm & Geeza is caping a flag in close range combat you guys should switch seats pretty quick so you can guys can be unstoppable not allowing the C4 trolls to get you out of the tank. "Great Input guys keep the new ideas coming"
Back to top Go down
SGT_SMUG

SGT_SMUG

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies""   Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:08 pm

Great ideas guys. I really like the idea of splitting up two "tanker's" perks and switching around, which would require a good bit of coordination between the two.

I'd like to see if there are two people who want to try this out and report back with feedback of how effective it was, what were some flaws and obvious strong points with this strategy.

Also I would like to remind you guys to keep your wall of text broken up to keep it appealing. It's a little daunting to come onto the forums with 3 huge paragraphs staring you down.

-SMUG
Back to top Go down
https://illclan.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies""   Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:56 pm

GmOctoLink wrote:
My thoughts on a set-up for 2 people in the same tank

1st person:
Reactor armor
Zoom optics
Guided shell

2nd person:
Proximity scan
Thermal optics
Canister Shell

The 1st person will be taking care of long distance enemies, tanks, and air vehicles. Once the tank comes into close quarters, both switch seats so the 2nd person can take care of infantry.

I'm not exactly sure but I think both slot 1 perks will work when both are in the same tank. I played earlier today, playing in the gunner seat of a tank with proximity scan, and proxy scan seemed to work. 3 supports tried to C4 my tank, Laughing , but it didn't work.

Also make sure not to switch seats in the middle of fighting off a tank or infantry. Only switch when you have enough time to react to each other's call out and not waste time getting 3 hits to your tank.

If the second person is for anti infantry does the cannister shell have any advantage what so ever against LMG?

I've used both and for me nothing clears out infantry as quick as a quick shot from the main cannon, to suppress them and to injure them then quickly switch to LMG to finish them. You can even use the LMG as a stand alone without having to injure them with the main cannon. It tears infantry up soo bad. Also support guys would have to get that much closer before they are too close to attack. Giving you more time to kill them whilst they are sprinting to your tank.

Not sure if cannister shell is any good at all. It's good against soft armour. Pretty good with auto loader, due to the decrease of load time your tank can spit out regular shells then cannister then back to regular with no delay. Meaning a constant barrage of ordinance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies""   Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:45 am

Whatever a person is more comfortable with and more effective with should be the difference. guns are balanced but everyone uses different ones. same goes to set ups. some ppl are not comfortable flying without stealth or need flares with their tanks. i don't believe in "best" set ups. whatever works you is what it do.

course some attachments are best suited for teamwork some people don't roll with it ususally because they play with people without a mic. But we are iLL and adaptation is a key component so on the fly is how i'll roll.

and what's up with y'all saying iLL whenever there's a word with those three letters together....so silly :/
Back to top Go down
Hustla509

Hustla509

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies""   Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:26 am

strikermurda wrote:
Whatever a person is more comfortable with and more effective with should be the difference. guns are balanced but everyone uses different ones. same goes to set ups. some ppl are not comfortable flying without stealth or need flares with their tanks. i don't believe in "best" set ups. whatever works you is what it do.

course some attachments are best suited for teamwork some people don't roll with it ususally because they play with people without a mic. But we are iLL and adaptation is a key component so on the fly is how i'LL roll.

and what's up with y'all saying iLL whenever there's a word with those three letters together....so siLLy :/

Fixed*
Back to top Go down
http://www.karmaloop.com/index.asp?rcode=HT26376

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies""   Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:22 am

There are 2 ways to get the proxy scanner active on an MBT who runs reactive armor as his option 1. The gunner has proxy scan and also having someone in the CITV. I'm not sure if it works by the gunner jumping between the 2 seats or If you need 3 people in at once to activate it.

I'm actually going to play a setup I've been thinking about. It never even dawned on me before that I could switch out my guided missile for the LMG and swap my RPG/SMAW for the Jav. As long as the gunner/CITV operator stays in the tank and maintains the lock it will work. No more will I cry in horror at a heli being too high!

Sorry for taking over your jet thread with tank talk tek Sad
Back to top Go down
SGT_SMUG

SGT_SMUG

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies""   Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Hustla509 wrote:

Fixed*

Ha Ha... I see what you did thar

And "Sorry for taking over your jet thread with tank talk tek"

Is a tongue twister Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://illclan.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies""   Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:34 pm

Its alright as long we all getting along on the threat showing our passion about vechiles and setups.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies""   Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies"" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Topic of the week "Jet Wing-man Strategies""
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[iLL] Playstation 3 gaming clan. :: Game Time :: Battlefield 3-
Jump to: