[iLL] Playstation 3 gaming clan.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the enemy didn't die... Use more bullets next time!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
==UNDER CONSTRUCTION==*RECRUITING*
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Cant wait for this! LOL
Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:02 pm by Seloe_1

» Some Xbox Beta Gameplay
Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 pm by Seloe_1

» Starting It off LOL
Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 5:40 am by Seloe_1

» CQ DLC
Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 3:42 pm by SGT_SMUG

» Line ends here
Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 7:55 am by SGT_SMUG

» Rented server
Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:35 pm by SGT_SMUG

» MArio KART?
Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:01 pm by Guest

» Patch release confirmed
Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 3:01 pm by Guest

» Cycling through different game modes?
Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:04 am by Guest

Favorite gun set ups

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SGT_SMUG

SGT_SMUG

Favorite gun set ups Empty
PostSubject: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Hey guys. I just wanted to see if I could get a thread going about peoples favorite class set ups so we can all experiment with each other's favorites.
Format:

*CLASS*
*GUN
-ATTACHMENT 1
-ATTACHMENT 2
-ATTACHMENT 3
*GADGET
*SPECS (optional)

Then feel free to leave a little bio on why this class is so great/fun and what it can bring to the table and how it can be useful.
Back to top Go down
https://illclan.forumotion.com
Hustla509

Hustla509

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:43 pm

I don't have a favorite set-up, I use pretty much every gun in my arsenal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.karmaloop.com/index.asp?rcode=HT26376
SGT_SMUG

SGT_SMUG

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:37 am

Lol Hustla I'm just saying this is a place to post classes that are noticeable to other people. I know you're beast like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:40 am

So do I agree with Hustla lol he knows how I play already, whatever guns I use trust me I will drop anything with and put a 100 stars on it in no time unless I don't have a life lmao
Back to top Go down
SGT_SMUG

SGT_SMUG

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:10 pm

And here's a nice class I picked up the other day:

*KH2002
-PKS-HOLOGRAPHIC SIGHT
-HAND GRIP
-FLASH HIDER
*(medpacks/Grenade launcher)

It's a really nice set up and allows you to change between long distance targets and then getting up close and personal.

That's all I want guys (:

Last edited by SGT_SMUG on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:18 pm

that's a very nice setup SMUG =D i will give it a try
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 9:19 pm

USAS-12 + IRNV scope + Extended Mags + Frag rounds = IWINbutton
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm

G3 + Grip + Heavy Barrell and IRV Scope Unstoppable machine =D
Back to top Go down
SGT_SMUG

SGT_SMUG

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:17 pm

haha nice. I have yet to unlock the G3 but when I do it's going straight to an 8X scop ewith bi pod and heavy barrel.

Instant 20 mag sniper that can also cover close quarters combat... WIN
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:54 am

Yup.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:56 pm

My set-up > Your set-up.
You can't get past this.
Back to top Go down
SGT_SMUG

SGT_SMUG

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:44 pm

StarScream391 wrote:
My set-up > Your set-up.
You can't get past this.

Scream if you want to make a point, tell us your favorite set up (:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:36 pm

SGT_SMUG wrote:
StarScream391 wrote:
My set-up > Your set-up.
You can't get past this.

Scream if you want to make a point, tell us your favorite set up (:
Already have, USAS12 + IRNV scope + Frag Rounds + Extended Mags :DDD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:19 pm

*F2000
-Front grip
-Reflex
-Silencer

I love silencers because they give you an advantage on the enemy not knowing where they are coming from. The F2000 shoots quickly and is also accurate with long range if you shoot in single shot or small bursts rather than just spraying. I find it a bit weaker than other guns but that doesn't bother me because the accuracy more than makes up for it. I also find the silencer useful when ur chasing a guy and shoot him and he sneaks behind or into a building he still doesnt know where ur coming from and you can just flank him. It may lower your damage but like i said its a very accurate guy with range and good hip fire as well.
Back to top Go down
SGT_SMUG

SGT_SMUG

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:06 am

strikermurda wrote:
F2000
Front grip
Reflex
Silencer

I love silencers because they give you an advantage on the enemy not knowing where they are coming from. The F2000 shoots quickly and is also accurate with long range if you shoot in single shot or small bursts rather than just spraying. I find it a bit weaker than other guns but that doesn't bother me because the accuracy more than makes up for it. I also find the silencer useful when ur chasing a guy and shoot him and he sneaks behind or into a building he still doesnt know where ur coming from and you can just flank him. It may lower your damage but like i said its a very accurate guy with range and good hip fire as well.

Nice set up! iLL definitely try it out some time. Yeah I really think silencers are underrated for guns and can really change how a gun feels.
Back to top Go down
SGT_SMUG

SGT_SMUG

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:12 am

When I first started battlefield 3, I really couldn't agree with the SKS. I would put different scopes on it, w, w/out a bi-pod. Nothing felt right! Then I tried it with it's bare minimum iron sights and I love them.

The iron sites consist of a branch back site paired with a needle. The set up I use is:

Class: ANY
*SKS:
-Iron Sights
-for-grip
-flash hider

*ANY
*(squad amo for the speed it goes through mags)

This set up takes the SKS from a semi auto sniper riffle, to a front lines battle riffle. The 20 round mag allows you to spread one group of rounds over a group of enemies while the flash hider makes it take longer for said enemies to locate your position. It takes a bit to get used to but it's definitely something to try out!

-SMUG

Last edited by SGT_SMUG on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:20 pm

(Reply under reconstruction...)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:41 pm

Well I guess I will have to give my favorite setup then lol:

(Engineer Class)

Gun: SGG53, P90, Scar-H , HK53 & G36C

- Holographic
- Grip
- Supressor

(Assault Class)

Gun: M416, Famas, AEK-971, and F2000

- Holographic
- Grip
- Supressor

Don't forget about the AN-94 the most underrated gun in BF3 but still go a lot of damage.

- Holographic or PK-S Scope
- Grip
- Heavy Barrel

(Support Class)

Gun: MG36, TYPE 88, PKP, M240B & M60

- Holographic

- Grip (For the maneuverability on Offense, and the Bi Pod for playing on Defense.

- Extended Mag (Is a must on all LMG weapons to spray the prey)

(Recon Class)

Gun: EMR39, MK11, SKS, QBU-88

- Holographic or PK-A (note the PK-A scope give you a much better clear view than the ACOG and Hologrphic.

- Grips

- Suppressor (To stay hidden away from the enemies front lines)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Thanks to Smug and his "reconstruction" of my original post I gotta post it again : | as explained i have set myself a challenge to get 500 kills per gun even pistols so I haven't tried every gun yet so they are subject to change.

Okay my go to class
*Support
-M27/RPK 74
Holographic sight
Grip
Silencer
*C4

Reason being I love these guns its like an assault rifle made a love baby with an LMG and these two guns came out, C4 because there is nothing more satisfying than blowing armor up, whilst calmly walking away like a BOSS.

*Assault
-F2000/FAMAS
Holographic sight
Grip
Silencer
*M320

By now the entire clan will know how devastating I can be with a pro-pipe

*Engineer
-HK53
Holographic sight
Grip
Flash light/laser
*AT launcher
Repair tool

The HK53 is a pure beast I love it

*Recon
- M39 EMR
Holographic sight
Grip
Silencer

This class actually rapes

As you can see my silencer hardly ever changes this is a fantastic attachment, it increases bullet drop at long range but keeps you silent and undetectable with an added benefit of reduced recoil.

This is beast man's setups

SMUG remember its "quote with text" not reconstruct lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:28 pm

I Run the same 3 attachments on every weapon I use with exception to sniper rifles.

Kobra (RDS)
Foregrip
Flash supp.

I go through phases with weapons, I have +1000 kills with the L85 and now I can't use it. No

I was on the M16 for a while, now I'm back to the F2k.

With engineer I'm back to the HK53.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Geeza_Gobble wrote:
I Run the same 3 attachments on every weapon I use with exception to sniper rifles.

Kobra (RDS)
Foregrip
Flash supp.

I go through phases with weapons, I have +1000 kills with the L85 and now I can't use it. No

I was on the M16 for a while, now I'm back to the F2k.

With engineer I'm back to the HK53.

Why not the holo sight? and why flash supp instead of silencer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:19 am

Greek_Wrath wrote:

With the Kobra sight it's basicly personal taste. I can use it Mid range with no problem and find it much better for short range. I think it's much easier to sight with. As for the Flash supp. i'don't really know. To begin with I was under the impression it hid you on the mini map. It also doesn't suffer the loss of power like the silencer at the expence of aa little more recoil and noise. Now I understand it doesn't hide you on the mini map but I don't like the noise the silencer makes. I see no real point in changing to be honest, the flash supp. is being buff'd in the next patch so while most people will suffer from the attachment changes I should be ok.

On a side note, using a sight that spells kobra with a "K" makes me feel cool. Cool
Back to top Go down
SGT_SMUG

SGT_SMUG

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 4:03 am

Geeza_Gobble wrote:
Greek_Wrath wrote:

With the Kobra sight it's basicly personal taste. I can use it Mid range with no problem and find it much better for short range. I think it's much easier to sight with. As for the Flash supp. i'don't really know. To begin with I was under the impression it hid you on the mini map. It also doesn't suffer the loss of power like the silencer at the expence of aa little more recoil and noise. Now I understand it doesn't hide you on the mini map but I don't like the noise the silencer makes. I see no real point in changing to be honest, the flash supp. is being buff'd in the next patch so while most people will suffer from the attachment changes I should be ok.

On a side note, using a sight that spells kobra with a "K" makes me feel cool. Cool

As far as i'm aware, the flash supp. makes it so muzzle flash is no longer a problem, and the effect it has on your accuracy is that your bullets are not as accurate (do not hit as close to where the site is pointing) and spread out over longer sprays. I only use it on guns that I think I can handle with the extra spread. I wouldn't use it on the sks because the single shots become disjointed and you can't line it up as well. There is a very noticeable difference for certain guns.

Just my opinions Smile

-SMUG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:20 am

Geeza_Gobble wrote:
Greek_Wrath wrote:

Kool kool. You see what I did their? Lol as far as I know right now pre - patch the muzzle flash suppressor does conceal you off the mini map. Post - patch though it will no longer do that, to make up for the buff its getting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:25 am

Yeah, but if I understand it right, it's getting the reduction to recoil because of the weight that the suppressor had.
It's alot to do with the noise the rifle makes I think. You use alot of your senses playing and for some reason the sound the suppressor makes when firing knocks me off slightly and I prefer the way the rifle feels when fired using the flash suppressor. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite gun set ups   Favorite gun set ups Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite gun set ups
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[iLL] Playstation 3 gaming clan. :: Game Time :: Battlefield 3-
Jump to: